Underwriting and Sponsorship
MOCA Jacksonville seeks to cultivate and solicit corporations, foundations, government sources and individual donors to support specific exhibitions and educational programming areas, reflecting a variety of interests. The museum then provides these partners with meaningful donor benefits and/or recognition, and further strengthens donor connections to MOCA.
MOCA Jacksonville’s Partnership Opportunities include:
I. Exhibition Support
Provides on-going support for MOCA Jacksonville’s changing exhibitions that feature the innovative art of our time.
Since its inception, MOCA Jacksonville has enriched the cultural life of Northeast Florida and beyond by providing excellence in the visual arts. MOCA Jacksonville is dedicated to collecting, preserving and interpreting notable works of modern and contemporary art; to presenting exhibitions of local, regional, national and international significance; to developing first-rate educational programs; and to presenting creative and inclusive programs to reach all segments of our diverse community.
Exhibition sponsorship opportunities are available for each featured exhibition as well as the new Project Atrium series. Exhibition sponsors receive prominent exposure before, during, and after the exhibition. Sponsorship and underwriting benefits vary depending upon the level of support and may include:
- Recognition at exhibition previews
- Listing on exhibition signage
- Listing on MOCA Website
- Listing on MOCA Annual Donor Wall
- Additional benefits (Vary with level):
- Use of MOCA for a private event
- Complimentary memberships
- Invitation to Patrons’ Previews for Corporate Guest List
- Free admission passes for employees
- Discount on membership to employees
II. Educational Programming Support
Creating, implementing and maintaining innovative educational programming is integral to the mission of MOCA Jacksonville. Through the museum’s Education program, corporations, foundations, and individuals provide the vital support necessary for the Museum to produce quality educational programs, and to share its resources with people of all cultural backgrounds and economic means.
MOCA Jacksonville’s educational programming includes:
- Rainbow Artists, an educational program to reach children in the autism Spectrum.
- Voice of the People, an educational program for underserved children that provides art education and produces audio guides for art in the permanent collection. Audio guides will be available to museum visitors through cell phones and iPods.
- ArtFusion, free art-making workshops for families, offered in two 12-week series on Sundays in the MOCA art studios
- Memphis Wood Awards, a special awards event to honor outstanding arts educator in the five-county area.
- General Education Programming Support offers MOCA the flexibility to allocate funding where most needed, from public programming associated with featured and supporting exhibitions to public response projects featured on MOCA’s fifth floor BlueCross BlueShield of Florida Education Gallery.
III. Special Programs Support
MOCA seeks to secure sponsorships for museum activities that fall outside of exhibitions and education. These include the museum’s free admission programs, events and trips to cultural destinations that help to broaden the museum’s reach into the community.
MOCA’s experiential programming opportunities include:
- Sponsored free admission days and times as well as special free or reduced admission pricing support.
- Featured Exhibition Membership Preview Parties held three times over the course of the exhibition season. Average attendance at these events is 200 – 400 attendees per event. Opportunities for distribution of materials and to invite up to 20 clients, prospects, etc. to attend the event as a guest of the sponsor.
- Annual Black Tie Affair: MOCA’s hosts an annual black tie event or gala to celebrate arts and culture in the greater Jacksonville area. These events draw wonderful crowds of the most dedicated and influential within our community.
Your support of MOCA Jacksonville is tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
For more information about how you or your company can support MOCA Jacksonville, please contact Development at 904-366-6911 or email Development[at]mocajacksonville.org.